is this how you make a username?

Home Forums The Committed Indian Forum is this how you make a username?

This topic contains 62 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  The_FFF 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author

326 Bureau Chief
    Participant

See, now I’m trying to get my gravatar to work.

(An auspicious first post, yes, but it’s Thursday.)

326 Bureau Chief
    Participant

Wait, there it is.

(326 Bureau Chief. Now with 50% more surly!)

Colin Waters
    Participant

@ahnfire Well. The way I see it, the main ways I interact on the interweb at this point are twitter and email, and both of those IDs are my actual name as well. Figure I’d just go with it here too. I’ll leave Banjo Leg’n to the Bluegrass shows.

Colin Waters
    Participant

Meta forum question, is it weird to go sans moniker?

ahnfire

@Colin – No, I’m just teasing.
    @Chief – I love the avatar. :D

My emoticons are real icons now. I don’t know how to feel about that.

Max Sterling
    Participant

So is this thing on?

Staypuft
    Participant

hmmmm, I think i broke it….

Al Czervik
    Participant

2 separate logins?
    oh hell.

I am not Chico Maki
    Participant

Someone should make a primer post or something … a list of how-to-do-new-things, and maybe a synthesis of how stuff is different? I made a disqus account. Did I have to? Do threads show you how many new posts there have been since you last read through? Stuff, yuo know, like that. My disqus guy has a picture; how do I get one here? I don’t know. Maybe I don’t care.

BeverlyBrewmaster
    Participant

I too seem too stupid to create an avatar for my profile (and I swear I’m not a Red Wings OR Canucks fan). Little help?

iamjoshfrank
    Participant

Here is a screenshot showing the 2 steps to uploading/changing your forum avatar. It’s very easy, but not intuitive. CI-forum-avatar-instructions.png shared on Dropbox

BeverlyBrewmaster
    Participant

Thanks, Josh, but for some reason I’m not seeing the WordPress frame that shows up in your screen grab. I just visited the page in Chrome, Firefox AND Internet Explorer and don’t see it in any of them. Not sure what the deal is…

iamjoshfrank
    Participant

@beverlybrewmaster – hmm, I’m stumped. Trying logging out and back in? I use the Forum Sign-Up & Log-In box in the sidebar to get signed in. I get the WordPress admin bar at the top in both Chrome and Safari upon signing in.

Wish I could help more!

iamjoshfrank
    Participant

@beverlybrewmaster – Now I’m not getting the WordPress admin bar at the top, but here’s the trick: sign in and then navigate to this direct link:

http://thecommittedindian.com/wp-admin/profile.php

That should land you on the 2nd step from the instructions I uploaded.

girlphoenix
    Participant

I can’t get gravatar to work. I think the problem is this site let me sign up with a username that is already used at wordpress.com and so whatever, tough luck for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.