IceHog news

Home Forums The Committed Indian Forum IceHog news

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  girlphoenix 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

girlphoenix
    Participant

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
    AHL’s Rockford IceHogs sign Brett Lebda to a professional tryout contract. #Blackhawks

Why would you do that Hogs? Whyyyyyyyyyy?

ahnfire

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Lebda.

Participant

AHL teams can sign re-treads the Hawks would have to sign him to make him a Hawk, and that’s not happening.

girlphoenix
    Participant

@2883 my concern is totally for the hogs here. i get that it’s for “veteran” presence (looking at the training camp roster [Adam Clendening, Klas Dahlbeck, Shawn Lalonde, Joe Lavin, Brett Lebda, Nick Leddy, Dylan Olsen, Ryan Stanton and Ben Youds], without him the veteran would be leddy} but lebda? really? there had to be someone better than him. i can just hope that he’s fucking AMAZING in the ahl

Participant

Weird, I always just saw the AHL as a place for future Hawks to develop.. I never considered them to have “fans” or enduring fans beyond the length the Hawks have their AHL team there.

That said, the Hawks will probably go

Leddy – Olsen/Dahlbeck
    Clendening – Dahlbeck/Olsen
    Stanton – Lebda/Lavin/Youds/

What is the college eligibility situation of Lavin/Dahlbeck?

girlphoenix
    Participant

I like them because they’re bbHawks but they’re my failtastic Hogs too now.

Once you sign a contract for the NHL/AHL/CHL/whatever, you can’t play NCAA anymore because then you’re a “professional.” Dahlbeck came over from Sweden so no college for him. Lavin already graduated from college and played in Rockford last season. He was their rookie of the year last year. Did you mean Clendening? He signed a contract this summer with the Hawks and so he can’t play at college anymore. Might be a good thing because I wouldn’t want to be associated with Boston University’s hockey team right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.